Robert S. Freund
Robert Freund is an experienced business litigator and advisor. Before opening his own firm, Mr. Freund honed his legal skills working at Greenberg Traurig, LLP, one of the largest and most respected international law firms. Mr. Freund has represented individuals and companies in complex commercial litigation, including consumer class actions and claims related to advertising and unfair competition. He also has represented clients in the entertainment, real estate, and financial services industries.
While in law school at UC Davis, Mr. Freund clerked for the Consumer Protection Unit of the Alameda County District Attorney’s Office, where he worked on civil and criminal cases involving fraud, deceptive advertising, anticompetitive practices, and other economic crimes. Mr. Freund also served as an editor of the UC Davis Law Review.
Mr. Freund has served on the Board of Governors of the Century City Bar Association since 2013 and as President from 2017-2018.
- Counseled video game company regarding packaging and labeling language, television advertisements, and software warranty issues
- Defended major television network against copyright and unfair business practices claims in excess of $20 million
- Defended pharmaceutical company against product liability claims, including affirmance of dismissal with prejudice on appeal before Ninth Circuit
- Defended international bank against fraud claims, including affirmance of dismissal with prejudice on appeal before Ninth Circuit
- Defended apparel company in class action alleging violations of California’s False Advertising Law based on “sale price” advertising
J.D., University of California at Davis
B.A., Economics, The College of William & Mary
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- Fake Followers; Real Problems, National Law Review (May 1, 2019)
- Congress Mulls New Clean Air Act Racecar Rules, Daily Journal (November 16, 2017)
SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTS AND MEDIA APPEARANCES
- Quoted in Testosterone, Low Testosterone, and the Men’s Health Crisis That Wasn’t, Fatherly (June 4, 2019)
- Quoted in FTC’s Fake Reviews Settlement May Spur E-Commerce Fairness Era, E-Commerce Times (February 28, 2019)